BEHIND EVERY GREAT PRODUCT- are research, planning, and execution. eCommerce at H-E-B synthesizes customer relations, data collection and analysis, and product delivery to help make us the Greatest Retailing Company; our eCommerce mission is to create foundational capabilities to grow our business through online information, continuous tools, and online sales across the enterprise. As an eCommerce Product Manager, you will develop product solutions by identifying potential improvements, conducting market research, prioritizing implementations, generating requirements, determining success criteria, and managing stakeholder activity timetables.
Do You Have a
HEAD FOR BUSINESS- proven track record of planning, prioritizing, and implementing complex, cross-functional projects?
HEART FOR PEOPLE- desire to actively engage with Customers, and inspire team members and other stakeholders?
PASSION FOR RESULTS- commitment to understand the market to build the best product possible?
We Are Looking For
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and team management skills
- A bachelor’s degree; experience in eCommerce and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage projects, analyze and solve problems, and influence others in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
What is the work? (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Keeper of the vision for the functional and design evolution of the H-E-B mobile App and sites called the technical -products-
- Provides strategic guidance for the direction of capability development
- Defines the scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, and appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning multifunctional support tasks; follows up on progress
- Prepares return-on-investment analyses, establishing level of effort with development
- Serves as the voice of the Customer for the Business
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying and conducting needed research to obtain clear customer direction
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Owns the creation, sequencing, and maintenance of the product priority backlog; defines acceptance criteria for backlog items
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with advertising and development
- Resolves team members- questions; contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
Preferred Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT, digital retail, business administration, or related field
- 5 years of experience in the eCommerce field
- 3 years of product management experience, with a multifunctional background or consulting desired
- Working knowledge of / experience in customer research and Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of store processes
Preferred Key Competencies
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels of H-E-B; ability to clearly communicate technology concepts and anticipated outcomes to business users
- Skills in multifunctional collaboration, planning and scope management, strategy, competitive / requirements analysis, and pricing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex multistream projects
- Advanced analytical capability; demonstrated ability to solve intermediate-level problems
- Advanced computer, Tablet, and smart phone skills
- Track record of consistent attention to detail and follow up and consistently delivered results
Physical And Other Requirements
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Ability to be on call and available to respond to business or customer related issues
Apply here on company website.
No store does more to bring Texas families the very best locally grown produce, 100% pure beef, and hundreds of products from around the world—all at great low prices. A few of the many reasons why Here Everything’s Better™. Really. We love our H-E-B stores and surrounding communities, because we live and shop here too.